Following the success and feedback from our “Access all Areas?” event last year in Edinburgh, we are excited to offer a similar session in Manchester that focuses on access and accessibility within the cultural sector.
Aimed at people who work in visitor studies, learning and engagement, “Access All Areas?” will take a deeper look at current projects and training and discuss new challenges and resolutions to physical, sensory and intellectual barriers.
This also marks our first VSG event in Manchester and we are delighted it will be hosted at The Whitworth on Wednesday 11th November 2015.
The day will include:
* Practical accessibility training from HearFirst and The Whitworth’s Dementia Friends Champions
* Demonstrations of live captioning from STAGETEXT
* Practice based case studies of recent and ongoing access work at Eureka!, the Science Museum, The Holocaust Museum, The Whitworth and others
* Latest research in the field of arts and health
* Examples of best practice working in relation to audience consultation and co-design
* Focused discussions around access for specific audience groups including isolated older men and young people with learning disabilities.
* Opportunities for networking, Q and A and to take a tour of The Whitworth, Art Fund Prize Museum of the Year 2015.
Tickets are available here and are priced at £50 for members of the Visitor Studies Group, and £70 for non members