The Natural Science Collections Association (NatSCA) will be holding their next annual conference & AGM on 21 & 22 April 2016. The event will be hosted by Derby Museums, and take place at The Silk Mill and Derby Museum & Art Gallery.
For the conference, NatSCA are inviting papers and posters looking at how museums have inspired and shaped the relationship of visitors and users of the collections to the natural world.
Suggested topics & case-study examples include:
- Projects between wildlife/environmental organisations/parks and museums.
- The training & developing of naturalist skills using collections.
- Artists projects connecting collections/gallery to outside spaces.
- Looking at the relationship between natural history societies, their collections & museums.
- Exhibition examples linking preserved specimens and our environment.
Please send abstracts (100- 150 words) to Training@natsca.org along with your name, organisation and contact details.
Please indicate whether submission is for a presentation or poster.
Deadline for submissions is 5 February 2016