The Museums & Heritage Awards for Excellence celebrate best practice within the cultural sector. These Awards offer everyone the opportunity to enter, no matter what your budgets are, how many visitors you attract or how high profile the project.
The 11 categories for 2016 are:
- Customer Service sponsored by BDRC Continental
- Temporary or Touring Exhibition
- Educational Initiative
- Project on a Limited Budget
- Marketing Campaign sponsored by Volunteer Makers
- Innovation Award
- Trading + Enterprise with New Criteria
- International Award
- Permanent Exhibition sponsored by Martello Media
- Restoration or Conservation sponsored by The Rochester Bridge Trust
- Fundraisers of the Year NEW for 2016
To download the entry brochure, see here. Deadline for entries is Friday 1 February 2016
The annual Museums & Heritage Awards for Excellence, now in its fourteenth year, recognises projects of excellence, innovative and groundbreaking exhibitions from galleries and visitor attractions across the UK and Europe. These range from remarkable achievements of national institutions to projects crafted with limited resources and those championing their staff and volunteers who work hard to deliver inspiring visitor experiences.
The Awards are judged by a panel of the sector’s leading lights including, Diane Lees, Director General, Imperial War Museum; Bernard Donoghue, Director, Association of Leading Visitor Atrractions (ALVA) and other leading sector professionals.