In partnership with Save Childhood Movement and National Children’s Day UK, Eureka! The National Children’s Museum, are set to host their Power to the Playful: Play Conference 2016.
The conference, which will take place on 16 May 2016, will explore the pivotal role that play and happiness has in child development with eminent academics, practitioners and thinkers.
Power to the Playful! will offer a valuable networking, learning and development opportunity for those working with children in museums, schools, early years, play sector, and cultural settings, set around Eureka!
Delegates will gain greater knowledge of how playfulness can impact on children’s wellbeing, as well as a wider professional perspective on how play and wellbeing connect.
Confirmed speakers for the conference include:
- Juliette Yardley, Laughology
- Ruth Churchill Dower, Earlyarts
- Alexandra Long & Mike Wragg, Leeds Beckett University
- Dr Elizabeth Wood & Dr Liz Chesworth, University of Sheffield
- Dr Pam Jarvis, Leeds Trinity University – Play, Narrative and Learning
Centre for the Study of Childhood and Youth
- Trizia Wells, Eureka! Inclusion Manager
Early Bird tickets for the event are £99 +VAT = £118.80, these are available until 25 April 2016. Following this tickets will be charged at the standard rate of £125 +VAT = £150
For further information & to book your place, please see here.