The Age Friendly Museums Network invite museum practitioners with experience of working with older people to build on their leadership skills, and develop good practice with other local museums.
The peer to peer workshop , which will take place at the British Museum, includes 2 study days and a period to develop and deliver an activity of your choosing to connect with other museum professionals in your local area with the aim of sharing your skills and experiences.
Day 1, September 2016 : We will help to you identify your leadership qualities, provide space to reflect on your practice and build on your strengths to help you to develop your own local activity.
With peer to peer mentoring and support from the Network, you will spread your enthusiasm and deliver an event of your choosing that will suit your region.
Day 2 January 2017 (tbc) A chance to reflect on your practice, share your experience with peers and explore future opportunities.
To apply for a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your contact details, your job title and a sentence or two about your role.
- The name of your organisation
- Tell us what is your experience of working with older people
- Describe what skills you will bring and what you hope to get from the workshop.
- Confirmation that you will be given time by your organisation to complete the training and develop and deliver a CPD activity for other local museum professionals.