About the fund
The Celebrating Age programme is jointly funded by Arts Council England and the Baring Foundation and supports the shared objectives of both organisations.
The programme will support cultural spaces and other organisations working collaboratively, in a partnership or as a consortium, to do one or more of the following:
Support arts and cultural spaces to be open, positive and welcoming places for older people. This could involve:
- empowering older people to help shape what’s on offer or lead quality activities
- embedding proven approaches to engaging older people as visitors, audiences, or participants in creative processes (e.g. ambassadors or buddying schemes)
- testing and applying new ways to engage older people
- commissioning older artists or art that has particular relevance for older people
- showcasing or curating and celebrating art created by and with older people
Taking arts and culture into places where older people will find it easier to engage
This could involve:
- residential care settings or sheltered accommodation
- social and community settings (e.g. luncheon clubs)
The grant range for this programme is £50,000 – £100,000.
To find out more about what the fund supports and how to apply visit the Arts Council England website.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon, Thursday 13 October 2016