In 2016 Port Sunlight Village Trust (PSVT) successfully bid for an ACE Museum Resilience Fund grant to enable it to determine its social role in the village, to further unlock the potential of the unique partnership that is developing between it and the residents, and to develop its first 5 year strategic plan.
The project is ambitious and the findings will help PSVT to shape all aspects of its operating model in the future. It comes at a pivotal moment in its evolution when it is transitioning towards financial independence. PSVT is now looking to recruit a dynamic, creative and experienced consultant who can dedicate the time required to manage and deliver the project successfully.
The project has two main aims:
- To understand the potential of the unique partnership that is developing between the museum and village residents, and how it can be harnessed to improve peoples lives and preserve the special heritage and character of Port Sunlight;
- To explore how the museum function can contribute to the prosperity of Port Sunlight Village Trust by driving change and innovation, and helping to define the Trust’s purpose and strategic direction
For further details read the brief here – consultant-brief-for-ace-project-the-role-of-the-museum-in-the-resilience-of-port-sunlight-september-2016.
The available budget is £30,000 to include VAT, travel and expenses for an 18 month contract. £10,000 is available in year 1 and £20,000 in year 2.
Consultants are invited to apply by submitting a proposal that demonstrates the following:
- Your approach and process/method to deliver the project
- The range and depth of relevant experience in delivering this type of project including working with partners and commissioning consultants and contractors
- Your capacity to manage the project with other commitments
- Indicative timetable outlining how you will divide your time between activities
Please provide the name of two referees who have experience of working with you on similar projects.
An outline project timetable and budget are available from the Trust, along with a ‘Setting the Scene’ document. Please contact Katherine Lynch, Heritage Manager on 0151 644 4816 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
The deadline for submissions is 10am Friday 14th October. Please email submissions to email@example.com Interviews are likely to be held on Tuesday 18th October in Port Sunlight.