Ancoats Dispensary Trust (ADT) have a requirement for a professional fundraiser and bid writer for 24 days between week beginning 6th February and the end of May 2017. An interim review will take place in March 2017.
The Dispensary is a unique community led redevelopment project in the heart of Manchester. The project is currently in round one of an HLF grant funding programme. For further information on the project please visit: http://www.manchester-dispensary.co.uk
You can find out more about ADT, the Trust who look after The Dispensary, here: http:// http://www.ancoatsdispensarytrust.co.uk
A list of fundraising targets and a basic fundraising schedule have already been composed, with both national and local grants. The Trust has also successfully completed the first stage of the Power to Change Community Business Fund.
Working alongside an additional part-time fundraiser, the key responsibilities of the post will be:
• Bid writing as directed by the Chair of the Board and based on current target list of priority potential funders. This includes completing the process from start to finish and acting as liaison with funders on any questions regarding the applications
• To devise the longer-term fundraising plan including identifying any additional targets and opportunities and prioritising key grants
• To use and develop our social media presence and project website (alongside the Comms team) to promote key project developments associated with fundraising
• Supporting the Board in engaging with and identifying any high net worth supporters
• Work with the key development team and Ancoats Dispensary Ltd Board as necessary
• To report to the Chair of the Board with a weekly fundraising report and formally to the Board on a monthly basis
• To liaise and input into other work on an ad hoc basis as needed and directed by the Chair of the Board (which may include fundraising events and meetings)
The fundraiser will work alongside an additional part time fundraiser. The fundraiser will report to the Chair of the Board of Directors.
The fundraiser will be expected to attend key project meetings, work with our partners and attend ADT and ADL Board meetings as necessary.
No. of days: 24 (subject to adequate progress and reporting)
Total fee: £7,200.00. (£300 per full day including VAT and all expense)
This role is a freelance position.
Application deadline: Sunday 5th February 2017 at 5pm
Appointment: week commencing 6th Feb with immediate start
Briefing: TBC as soon as possible after appointment (subject to team availability)
First report to Chair: 17th Feb
First report to Board: 13th March
Review: End of March (date tbc)
Please send a CV to email@example.com with “Fundraiser application [your name]” in the RE window.
Please outline key relevant experience and previous success in securing grant funding, a short statement of interest and a brief overview of your intended working pattern.
ADT will consider applications from fundraisers anywhere in the UK, but a good working knowledge of relevant sectors and the North West an advantage.