Contract: Permanent, 37.5 hours/week
Salary: £36,658 – £42,386 plus pension scheme
Seven Stories is an award winning National museum for children’s books in Newcastle upon Tyne. They are seeking a Creative Director to join their organisation in a pivotal senior role, leading their public and learning programmes and productions and building their reputation as a trail blazing venue for creative engagement, especially for children and young people.
This exciting opportunity seeks a dynamic arts professional with proven leadership and management skills, significant experience in producing children’s arts and/or literature programmes and committment to:
- Encouraging more people, especially children, young people and families, to take part in creative and learning programmes.
- Achieving cultural and societal impact in the North East, nationally and internationally, taking creative risks and building progressive partnerships in the children’s literature community and in education, cultural and charity sectors.
- Empowering children and young people to recognise and realise their potential through the transformative impact of children’s book inspired engagement projects.
- Putting inclusive practice at the heart of your work ethos, nurturing creativity across Seven Stories to design, develop, implement and evaluate innovative, engaging and popular programmes.
- Optimising creative programme opportunities offered by Seven Stories’ unique Collection.
To find out more about this position, and to apply, please visit their website here.