In 2017-18 MDNW is running a programme of business skills support to help museums as resilient, effectively-run, organisations. The programme is open to all staff and volunteers of Accredited museums, or those officially working towards it, in the North West.
Business skills training
This programme of workshops will be delivered by ACM Training, an experienced training company which has been delivering communication and organisational development sessions to a wide range of clients from the government, corporate and voluntary sectors for more than 20 years.
The programme comprises:
- Managing and coping with change, 28th September, The Whitworth
- Team building and group development, 26th October, Manchester Museum
- Time management skills, 25th January 2018, Manchester Art Gallery
- Presentation and public speaking skills, 20th March 2018, The Whitworth
Delegates can book on some or all of the workshops, but due to limited numbers we will be restricting bookings to no more than two places per museum per workshop. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
To book a place on any of the courses please go to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/museum-development-north-west-2195377819.
For any further information about the workshop programme please contact Lynsey Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bespoke CPD opportunities
A second strand of our business skills support programme is the offer of Continuing Professional Development bursaries for staff and volunteers to tailor their own CPD in business skills. The bursaries are available for people working in museums to participate in any type of existing CPD opportunity to develop their core business skills and which will support their museum to run as a more effective and resilient organisation. Applications could range from a basic Microsoft Excel course to improve budgeting and record keeping skills to a full ILM qualification. To apply for a bursary contact Alex Bird, email@example.com, with the following information:
- What the CPD opportunity is, including details of the course/opportunity you have identified
- Evidence of need and details on how it will improve your work
- Proof of line management approval
- Cost of training and amount requested from MDNW
This programme runs through 2017-18 and has a rolling deadline so once you have identified an appropriate opportunity please let us know. Once all the funding has been allocated the offer will close.