Improving our Commercial Offer
Bolton Museum is undergoing a major redevelopment project which will transform the Egypt, Art and Nature galleries to appropriately and effectively showcase our collections and create a unique visitor experience. The redevelopment of the Egyptology galleries will create a journey through Egyptian life to showcase our world famous collections. The project will include a facsimile copy of Thutmose III tomb which will be the only one of its kind in the UK. The galleries are currently under construction and will be complete in 2018.
Bolton is well known for its significant Egyptology collection and since the establishment of the museum in its first home at Chadwick Museum it has grown a rich and varied collection of artefacts.
As part of the capital project we want to take the opportunity to maximise the potential of a new shop space and venue hire for commercial events.
Bolton museum service is commissioning this piece of work to:
- Gain an understanding about how to configure the new shop to maximise display space
- Develop retail lines appropriate to our visitor demographic
- Train staff to equip them with retail knowledge to enable us to maintain the shop and provide a successful and consistent income stream
- Explore the potential of our spaces for events hire and ensure we are equipped to offer a professional and well organised service.
- Maximise our potential as an events hire venue during a time of strong investment from businesses in the town.
The successful consultant will deliver the following outputs:
- Recommendations for planning, marketing and delivering successful event hire
- A report outlining the best use of shop space and gallery space for events hire
- Training for staff around selecting appropriate product lines including bespoke products, effective marketing and display and maintaining stock.
The budget is £4500 inclusive of expenses
Tender showing relevant experience to be submitted by 23 June 2017
Interviews will be held week beginning 10 July 2017
Training and advice sessions to take place between July and November 2017
Report to be produced by 29 January 2018
Submit your tender to: Jennifer.email@example.com
Phone 01204 332731 for further information