|Thursday 7th December
Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery
10:00 – 16:00
Are you involved in interviewing and selecting staff?
Do you know which questions you can ask?
Are you confident in recruitment best practice?
Do you understand your legal responsibilities?
This workshop is a fantastic opportunity to gain free, professional Human Resources advice on best practice in recruitment and selection processes to ensure that your organisation appoints the best applicants.
By the end of this workshop delegates will:
- Understand what is meant by merit-based recruitment and selection
- Understand the benefits of merit-based selection including for equality, diversity and inclusion
- Understand the law relating to recruitment and selection, and what this means in practice
- Receive practical tips and guidance on attraction and selection including: attracting a more diverse range of candidates; how to prepare for interviews (including questioning techniques); an awareness of types of selection tests; how to deliver interviews; how to assess candidates in selection situations
In addition you will receive access to free online resources published after the training including:
- Guidance notes
- Template outline policy that can be tailored for your museum
- Template application form that can be tailored for your museum
- Template job description and person specification
- Do’s and don’ts of recruitment and selection document
To book a place click here.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided at this FREE event.
Please book by 9am, Monday 4 December.