We are pleased to announce that the next round of our Sustainable Improvement Fund is now open. The Fund (SIF) is a major part of the Museum Development North West Programme (MDNW). This Programme embraces Arts Council England’s five strategic goals set out in Great Art and Culture for Everyone to drive development and deliver sustainability, resilience and innovation in museums in the North West.
For 2020-21 we will support museums around these key areas:
- collections – development, care or management
- audiences – diversifying audiences or community engagement
- environmental sustainability – public facing work or operational/internal progress towards reducing carbon
- specific Accreditation areas for development (previously known as Areas for Improvement)
- seed funding to bring in extra capacity or knowledge to work up an application to Arts Council England’s National Lottery Project Grants
The Fund reflects the North West’s commitment to partnership working and will still be open to consortia applications.
We will support bids that complement and not duplicate other sources of museum development support, or other campaigns and initiatives funded by Arts Council England. If you have a project in mind to trial new ideas, develop complex plans and form long-term partnerships that extend beyond the life of the project, you might want to consider applying to Arts Council England’s National Lottery Project Grants.
Deadlines, guidance and the application form for the Sustainable Improvement Fund can be found below.