Salary – £25,000
37.5 hours per week
Wordsworth Trust are looking for a Marketing Manager to join their small, friendly, dedicated team. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of creative and commercial marketing for the Trust, including those online elements of marketing which integrate with offline elements such as print and PR, as well as developing and implementing initiatives designed to increase visitor numbers from group travel and FIT markets.
In return they offer flexible working opportunities, a personal pension scheme, free on-site parking and staff discounts, and the opportunity to work in the heart of Wordsworth Country.
Please click here to download an application form.
Closing date: Friday 18 August. Please send completeled application forms to Catherine Harland – email@example.com
Digital & Marketing Assistant
£16,557 – £17,310
To provide digital and marketing support to the Marketing Coordinator in the delivery of our Marketing Strategy to grow visitor numbers and widen our brand recognition.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Support the Marketing team by undertaking a range of administrative duties including the implementation and monitoring of the Museum’s marketing and promotional activities.
2. Support the Marketing team in the review, development and improvement of Tullie House Museum’s on and offline marketing, PR and communications with a strong emphasis on digital media, with the purpose of increasing visitor numbers, memberships and building our online engaged community.
3. Help deliver Tullie House Museum’s Digital Strategy as part of the Digital team, enabling us to best inform existing audiences and grow new audiences.
4. Monitor social media posts for engagement and update reports on a weekly basis.
5. Check newspapers, magazines and online for articles relating to Tullie House Museum and its competitors and upload relevant clippings to the intranet.
6. Help monitor the advertising value of the Museum’s PR and media activity and update reports on a monthly basis.
7. Support the Marketing team in Tullie House Museum media relations.
8. Act as an ambassador for the Tullie House brand, ensuring all internal and external communications are kept up to date and consistent with the brand.
9. Update promotional material throughout the museum as instructed by the Marketing Coordinator.
10. Ensure all CRM databases are updated, developed, maintained and compliant with data protection legislation.
11. Assist with the production of Newsletters (both internal and external).
12. Distribute exhibition and event flyers/booklets to relevant database and organisations as instructed.
13. Assist the Marketing team with special events (including previews) both on and off site. This includes the set-up of stands and liaising with visitors or potential customers. (Working out of hours)
Wednesday 18th November
Lancashire Conservation Studios
11:00 – 15:30
Lead by Jeanette Edgar, Director of Marketing and Communications for Lakeland Arts Trust this hands-on session will give you some advice and ideas of what you need when creating a marketing strategy.
11:00 – Arrival, tea, coffee
11:15 – Welcome
11:20 – Lift Pitch – Sell your museum in 2 minutes – round table
11:50 – Existing Audience – What does your current audience look like?
12:20 – Desired Audience – What does your desired audience look like?
12:50 – Lunch
13:30– Routes to market
14:00 – How to find your audience
14:30 – How to market to your existing and desired audiences
15:00 – Five step plan to creating a marketing strategy
15:30 – Close
To book a place please visit our eventbrite page
From Curious Minds:
Many of you in Arts and Cultural venues and organisations have talked to us about how hard it can be to know if your marketing materials, your websites, your social media are hitting the right note with the young people you want to engage.
In year one of the Bridge programme we listened and promised to try and help, and we’re very excited to be working in partnership with nationally acclaimed charity “Young Advisors” to offer your organisation the opportunity to receive FREE feedback on your marketing materials from a trained team of young advisors.
The ‘Curious Young Advisors‘ are a team of experienced peer to peer facilitators, who will work alongside a professional marketing expert.
They are intentionally selected as experts in peer facilitation rather than experts in the arts, which will enable them to give you the valuable perspective of a fresh outside eye.
Every organisation that completes and returns the attached form will get some personalised feedback from the Curious Young Advisors team.
In addition, four lucky organisations will also get the ‘Deep Dive’ treatment! If selected, the Curious Young Advisors will facilitate two focus group sessions with their peer groups designed to look more closely at your marketing and communication materials. One focus group will be with young people currently involved with your organisation to see how accurately your marketing reflects their experience of your work. The second will be held with a group of young people local to you, that don’t currently choose to engage with you. This feedback will be collated and given to you in a face to face session with the Curious Young Advisors who will help you come up with new ideas.
To get guaranteed personalised feedback on your marketing materials from the Curious Young Advisors, plus a chance to give your marketing materials the ‘Deep Dive’ treatment, please complete the attached form and return it to me by the 15th of September. You will receive personalised feedback and be told whether you have been selected for the Deep Dive by the middle of October.
Quaker Tapestry, Kendal
Wednesday 1st October 2014
10:30 – 15:30
Places for our next “How to…” workshop are now available. Lead by Jeanette Edgar, Director of Marketing and Communications for Lakeland Arts Trust this hands-on session will give you some advice and ideas of what you need when creating a marketing strategy.
10:30 – Arrival, tea, coffee
10:45 – Welcome
10:50 – Lift Pitch – Sell your museum in 2 minutes – round table
11:20 – Existing Audience – What does your current audience look like?
11:50 – Desired Audience – What does your desired audience look like?
12:30 – Lunch
13:15 – Routes to market
13:45 – How to find your audience
14:15 – How to market to your existing and desired audiences
14:45 –Five step plan to creating a marketing strategy
15:30 – Close
To book a place please visit our eventbrite page